We have turned to the archives to bring you Kate Hudson’s look from the 2010 Screen Actors Guild Awards. Here she wore a stunning white backless dress from Emilio Pucci and sported a beautiful up do.
Get the look:
1. Begin with clean hair and apply leave in conditioner. Blow dry with a long finger diffuser so that natural texture and waves will be encouraged to form.
2. Follow this by applying a small amount of styling cream to further encourage the top and sides of your hair to have a tousled appearance.
3. Using your fingers so you don’t brush out the wave, direct the sides and top of the hair to the back of your head to make a half ponytail. The base of this should side a couple of inches below the crown. Push hair upwards towards the crown to make sure you achieve maximum volume. Keep the rest of the hair loose. You will basically be making two ponytails.
4. Using a hair band the same colour as you hair, loosely secure the top ponytail. Take one strand from it and wrap around the band before pinning underneath.
5. Now use your fingers to gently rake through the top and sides of your hair to separate it up.
6. Separate the top ponytail into 2-3 inch section. With your fingers create loose curls and pin these in a circle around the base of the ponytail. Make sure to use pins the same colour as your hair to keep them hidden.
7. Collect the rest of your hair to make a bottom ponytail that will sit a couple of inches below the top ponytail. This ponytail should be wrapped into a messy knot. Be sure to arrange it so that it appears soft and blends with the top part of the hairstyle.
8. Once you are happy with your finished look then spray the whole head with some hairspray so make sure that everything stays in place. You can also apply a small amount of shine serum to the top of the hairstyle if you like to have a bit more shimmer to your look.
By Gemma @ www.lifesacatwalk.com