Ex ‘Made In Chelsea’ star, Millie Mackintosh, has become something of a style icon – even after leaving the hit show!To this year’s BAFTAs she wore a modern, minimal hairstyle which beautifully complimented her metallic Julien Macdonald dress and Vampy makeup.
Get the look:
1. After washing as normal, blow dry hair straight and keeping it as smooth as possible. If like me you have a natural curl you may need to run hair straighteners over your hair to get it poker straight.
2. Mist over with some shine protect and control spray and then take a cushion brush to pull your hair back towards the crown of your head. Once you are happy that hair is smooth with no lumps and bumps, secure into a high ponytail.
3. To keep the style looking sleek take a very small section of hair and wrap it around the ponytail to hide the hair band. You can then secure this with a Kirby grip under the ponytail.
4. Glide the straighteners over the ponytail again if necessary, before using some anti-humidity shine spray to smooth away and stray flyaways and smooth out frizz.
Millie stepped out to attend the London Cabaret Club Gala where she sported her signature look of relaxed waves. It is so easy to wear this style during the day and the evening and it can be adapted whether you have long locks or a shorter style.
Get the look:
1. I always find that waves hold much better in day old hair, so if possible wash your hair the day before styling. Divide your hair into sections as this will make it more manageable.
2. Begin about 5cm down from the roots of your hair and wrap hair around tongs. Hold in place for several seconds before releasing.
3. Repeat with each section until you have covered your whole head. Generally the smaller the section of hair, the tighter the wave will be. Also be aware that the weight of your hair will naturally pull waves out slightly so don’t worry if you think your curls are too tight to begin with.
4. Take a wide tooth comb and gently go over the waves so they appear more relaxed. Smooth over the top section of your hair and then finish off by spraying over with hairspray once you are happy with your look.
By Gemma @ www.lifesacatwalk.com