As we are in the midst of the Fashion Weeks we have looked to Kendall Jenner for a spot of hairspiration. For Diane von Furstenberg’s SS15 collection, Kendall had her hair teased into a 60s style imitating Brigitte Bardot. The collection was inspired by the South of France and St Tropez, and her hair complemented the collection beautifully!
Get the look:
1. Start by prepping damp hair with a good volumising mousse. To get some extra lift when it comes to blow drying, use a large round ceramic brush which will make sure that heat is evenly distributed.
2. Once dry go over the ends of your hair with a 1.5 inch curling iron.
3. Now, divide hair into sections and put some texturising powder on to the roots which will create even more volume. Then add some more powder over the rest of your hair to get it looking thick with tendrils that appear piecey and undone.
4. Finish off with some strong hold hairspray to keep the style in place.
The AW14 catwalks were full of slicked back half updos, and Kendall guaranteed that she was the centre of attention by rocking the look at the Teen Choice Awards.
Get the look:
1. This look works better on hair that is slightly dirty. If your hair is freshly washed then it will take more work, and product, to slick it back.
2. Comb a small amount of gel through your hair with a fine tooth comb. Try not to use too much as you don’t want your hair to appear greasy. Generally a 50p sized amount will be fine but obviously if you have hair that is a lot thicker you may need a little more.
3. Make sure that you guide your hair backwards as the gel begins to set. Apply some beach spray to the lengths of your hair to emphasise the imperfect texture.
4. As a final touch spritz over some finishing spray.
By Gemma @ www.lifesacatwalk.com