Katy Perry recently attended the 2014 VMA’s where her hair was style in dramatic waves with a thick fringe which gave a modern twist to the traditional Hollywood glamour.
Get the look:
1. Spray hair with some Blow-Out Spray (Paul Mitchell does a great Awapuhi Wild Ginger HydroMist Blow-Out Spray) before you use your hair, which will provide your hair with added volume support.
2. Take hair into 2 inch sections and apply some heat protectant spray before using a curling iron to create waves.
3. When you have long hair and a fringe it is best to start at the cheekbone level and work downwards. Wrap hair around the barrel and hold for a few seconds before releasing. Make sure you don’t fiddle with the curls until your hair has cooled. If your hair is naturally wavy you may want to straighten your fringe slightly by lightly running straighteners over it, try not to start too near the root or you will make your fringe look flat against your head.
4. Finally, spritz over your hair with shine spray to give it a glossy look and then apply your hairspray to give it some hold.
We have hit the archives for the next Katy Perry look. In 2009 she hosted the MTV European Music Awards and she looked particularly elegant. We love her up do which would look great at a wedding or dinner party.
Get the look:
1. Take damp hair and apply mousse to the roots to create extra volume. Section hair off so that it is easier to work with and then blow dry hair smooth using a rounded brush.
2. Once dry section the back and underneath of your hair and use tongs to create curls. Pin each curl up as you go and then leave hair to thoroughly curl for about 30 minutes.
3. Now that your hair has cooled you can release each curl and gently brush them out to give your hair some bouncy volume. Smooth over the ends of your hair with some serum for a shiny finish.
4. Lastly, brush up the sides and back of your hair into a high pony tail and then fold the tail round into the top for a modern take on the more classic chignon. Pin in place when you are happy with the position, and then spray over with hairspray. You can always add some jewels into your hair for some extra red carpet glamour.
By Gemma @ www.lifesacatwalk.com